Local lottery retail payouts over $600 Instructions Page!
Prizes over $600 – must be claimed at Lottery Headquarters or any Lottery district office or mailed to the state lottery office for payment.
Winners of prizes $600 or more must complete the following:
a) Fill out a claim form supplied by any lottery office.
b) Most may want two forms of valid identification.
Additional payment information:
- Prizes of $601 – $249,999: claimed at lottery headquarters or district offices are generally paid the same day.
- Prizes up to $25,000: can also be claimed at lottery kiosks are lottery offices and are generally paid the same day.
- Prizes of $250,000 to $499,999: winners should plan to arrive at lottery offices headquarters or district offices by 4 p.m. for same-day payment; winners who arrive after 4 p.m. will be paid the following business day.
- Prizes of $500,000 or more – are generally paid within 5-10 business days from the date of claim and are electronically deposited into your bank account.
- Claiming Prizes by Mail any Prizes of $600 or less – simply fill out the back of the ticket and mail it to your state lottery address.
Prizes over $600 – fill out the back of the ticket, complete a Winner Claim Form and mail it your state lottery address along with your signed ticket, and copies of your valid government-issued photo ID and social security card.
Lottery Corporations are not responsible for tickets that are lost by the U.S. Postal Service or any other carrier. Normal processing time for prize claims received by mail is 2 – 3 weeks. Please note that big jackpots for Mega Millions or Powerball may increase the processing time to 4 to 5 weeks. Word of advice go into your local claim office for your prizes!
PRIZES EXPIRE…Please don’t wait too long
Online tickets – Winners have 180 days from the drawing date on the ticket to claim a prize.
Instant tickets – Winners have 90 days from the Expired Date to claim a prize.
Prizes up to and including $600 won from purchases made on the Lottery’s websites or mobile app may be automatically paid be paid to the winner’s online accounts.
Prizes greater than $600 – winners receive an email with instructions on how to claim their prizes.
Income Tax Withholdings and State Owed Debts
1) Federal and State Income Tax Withholdings will be deducted from prizes exceeding $5,000. A Winner’s ultimate tax liability may be greater or lesser than the amounts withheld.
2) Many State Owed Debts in excess of $100 for Child Support Services, Department of Education, and Department of Revenue will be deducted from prizes per the many state Lottery for Education Acts.
Always check with your local state lottery office for more info!
It is not intended for any of the information on this website, emails, or publications digital or print to be used for illegal purposes. The information provided is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Links to third-party websites view-able on WinnersOnlyLotto.com is provided solely for informational and entertainment purpose. If you use these links, you leave this website. This website, its owners, and associates do not own, manage or control in any capacity any of the business view-able on any third party website. It is the responsibility of you and these businesses to conduct themselves in a manner, which satisfies any jurisdictional requirements and governing laws, which relate to these businesses. Internet users must ensure they meet all age and other regulatory requirements before downloading gaming software or placing a wager online. Online gaming is illegal in some jurisdictions, and Internet users should consult legal counsel regarding the legal status of online gambling within their particular jurisdiction. The opinions expressed on this website by WinnersOnlyLotto.com staff and contributing writers are their own and not do necessarily reflect the views or policies of WinnersOnlyLotto.com ownership.« Back to Glossary Index